Yep. I’m a horror movie lover. I’ve been fascinated with horror movies since I was a very little girl and saw movies such as Alligator, The Amityville Horror, An American werewolf in London, etc. And then, there was Michael Jackson’s Thriller. So, I became addicted to horror flicks. I know that people either love horror movies or hate them, and I LOVE them. It was really difficult to choose 5 movies, but here they are:
5. El Espinazo del Diablo. Guillermo del Toro. Wow. This movie is very interesting, very creepy, with great performances… Excellent!
4. The Omen. Now, this is creeeeepy. The idea that such a being can exist, and that nobody can resist it, is scary to the bone. Very good movie. The remake was decent, but nothing like the original.
3. Saw. The whole franchise. These movies are GORY. However, what I like about them is that they are intelligent; they make you think. It’s not only gore for the sake of gore. Plus, it has a puppet, a freaky puppet… and I’m very scared of puppets.
2. The Shining. Need I say more? Jack Nicholson in one of his most brilliant performances. REDRUM REDRUM REDRUM…….
1. Dead Silence. A creepy rhime, A bunch of ugly and creepy puppets (did I mention I’m terrified of puppets?), a very scary ghost… A truly classic horror story. Great special effects. The perfect formula for an awesome horror movie!!
Runners up? Lots of them: The Exorcist, Buried, Last House on the Left, It, Pet sematary, An American Werewolf in London, The Wolf man, Insidious, and a looooong etcetera.
I’ll be back soon!! See you later!