The time has come to talk about my favorite vampire flicks! yeah!! I must specify that they may not all be horror movies, ok? Just in case.
5. Fright Night. I know, corny!! I’m pretty sure if I saw this movie today, I’d spend half the time laughing my heart out. I remember the special effects and they are pretty dated, and the performances are not that great… but Chris Sarandon made the movie! And the whole idea of your neighbor being a vampire, and nobody believes you when you tell them… well, it’s scary. I can’t WAIT to see the remake. Why? Two words: Collin Farrel!!
4. Blade. These movies are good! Blade is really badass and cool. I especially like the second one, directed by Guillermo del Toro. Really cool vampire-action films.
3. Van Helsing. I know, I know. Many people HATED this movie. Well, I LOVED it. It’s not really horror, but it has good performances, good special effects, it’s funny, and the DVD has the most hilarious gag reel I’ve seen so far. I loved what they did with the vampire-werewolf relationship. And I love Hugh Jackman.
2. Underworld. This is the height of cool, from my personal point of view. These movies brought Kate Beckinsale to the picture, and I think the gentlemen will agree that’s something to be thankful for. There are many other great performances, especially those delivered by Bill Nighy and Michael Sheen.
1. Dracula. Gary Oldman at his very best. I could do without Winona Ryder and Keanu Reeves, but Gary Oldman ROCKS in this movie. Love the editing too, and it’s very well adapted. Great movie.
I do want to make one thing clear: I like the Twilight Saga movies. However, they don’t make my top 5… I think they don’t do the books justice.
Well, that’s all for now… I hope you have a great day! (and in case I don’t see you, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!) See you soon!