Today I started thinking (I know, bad habit, but bear with me) about some things that I don’t like… or maybe even detest. There aren’t many, but there are definitely some. Since I don’t like to only think about the negative, I’ll try to balance them out with some things I do like. Alright… here… we… go.
Things I like:
- Movies. REALLY?? SHOCK SHOCK!! Yes, I do like movies. All kinds of them. I like to get lost in possible and not so possible worlds, and I especially love the ones that make me believe every single word.
- Books. I LOVE reading. Unlike movies, books give you the chance to create your own scenarios.
- Fantasy worlds. I know some people just don’t like fantasy, but I love it… I find the idea of castles, dragons, wizards, a madman with a box, and a loooooong etcetera just fascinating.
- British accents. Because I just love them.
- Silver linings. I don’t know what I’d do if I weren’t able to find the silver lining in every cloud. I’d go mad, probably.
- Intelligence. Smart people are just brilliant. And smart people who don’t think too much of themselves are even better.
- Cats. They’re just funny and cute.
- Writing. It’s not my job or anything, but I find writing liberating… besides, I don’t think I’m too shabby at it…
There are many more things (now that I think about it), but this is supposed to be a blog post, not a novel. Now, on to things that I really don’t like. Like really, really…
Things I detest:
- Stupidity. I just hate it.
- Double standards. Oh, these are just obnoxious, and oh so common nowadays. Like the person who will fight to be accepted for who they are, but will call names to any person who does not agree with them. It’s easy to want to get accepted, but accepting others is a completely different thing, right?
- Broken promises. I hate when people promise to do something, and then they just don’t fulfill their promise. Seriously, if you don’t think you can do something, don’t say you will.
- People who only look for you when they need you. Just not cool.
- Monotony. It’s funny… I love my routines. I’m a creature of habit, kind of. But a routine that becomes monotony… that kills me.
- Cooking and baking gone wrong. It drives me NUTS when I get a recipe wrong.
Ok, I’ll stop there or I’ll seriously write down an encyclopedia. These are things I like and not, in no particular order. Maybe they will give you a better sense of who I am… and writing them down is certainly an exercise in self-expression.
I’d love to hear –read– your thoughts… what do you love/hate? Feel free to tell…
I hope I return shortly… hopefully having watched a movie. In the meantime…
See you soon!